The Office of Small Business for the Regional Contracting Office Alaska (RCO-AK) is co-located at Building 1064 on Fort Wainwright, Alaska. The Army's Small Business Specialist is available to assist small businesses, or any firm, interested in providing products and services to the Army community.
The Army's Office of Small Business Programs in Alaska provides guidance to Contracting Officers and Contract Specialists to ensure small businesses are afforded the maximum practicable opportunity to participate in the acquisition of various commodities and services.
Your Army Small Business Specialist also provides advice, counseling and contracting assistance to small businesses interested in doing business with the Army in Alaska. In addition, the Army's Small Business Specialist also assists large businesses to find small business teaming or subcontracting partners.
1. Contact your Alaska Army Small Business Specialist to discuss your capabilities and interests:
James A. Mastin
413th Contracting Support Brigade
Regional Contracting Office Hawaii
BLDG 108, 1st Floor (Wheeler Army Airfield) Scholfield Barracks, HI 96857
2. On a regular basis check the Army Single Face to Industry (AFSI) at https://acquisition.army.mil/asfi and Federal Business Opportunities Website (https://www.fbo.gov
3. Watch for announcements in the newspapers and federally sponsored procurement conferences. Attend trade fairs, business opportunity conferences, open houses, and other meetings in your area. The Army is represented at many of these functions.
4. Register in the System for Award Management (SAM), formerly the Central Contract Registration (CCR). A sub-set of your SAM data will be sent to the SBA for size validation and inclusion in SBA's Dynamic Small Business Search (DSBS) at http://dsbs.sba.gov/dsbs/search/dsp_dsbs.cfm.
5. Alaska's Army Small Business Office periodically hosts outreach events. For more information contact the Alaska Army Small Business Specialist.